Saturday, September 24, 2011

Preseason Game 2: London Calling

I know the title's corny, but the Wings haven't played there since 1993 and so I probably won't be able to use it again for quite a while. Opportunity knocked.

The Wings won their first preseason contest of the season with the other part of the split-squad (the "white" team from training camp, featuring Lidstrom and Zetterberg) that didn't travel to Pitt. As I alluded to earlier, the game took place in London, Ont. because....I dunno, it just did. I haven't been able top find any video of it, so instead you can find recaps here from ESPN (they've got the AP story that every other site picked up) and TSN. I noticed after linking to this that TSN has some video, but it doesn't have every goal and it isn't exactly screen-cappable.

An idiot threw a banana on the ice while new Flyer Wayne Simmonds was taking his turn in the shootout, and instead of going through the details I'll just say that I condemn what happened and refer you to articles at the Wing's official site and TSN.

No comments:

Post a Comment